What's Poppin' in Pop Culture

Your source for all things Pop Culture!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Is Justin Williams a Modern Day Beach Boy?


Ever since I was little I've loved the beach boys for their distinct sound. I never once thought I'd ever hear another music artist with a similar sound...until I heard Justin Williams.

Justin Williams allegedly made it to Hollywood week this season. He also made it through last season and got cut just before the top 32 was chosen. However, I can't for the life of me remember him from last year. I think that he has a lot of potential to go far though if he got that far last season. Kind of reminds me of how Gina Glocksen auditioned 3 times before making it to the top 12.

I think he's amazing, but he won't win because American Idol is trying to find a winner that goes beyond the singing with a guitar. They had that last year with Kris Allen.

Below is a video of Williams singing "Fly Me to the Moon". Thoughts?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Custom Search
$value) { if ($param == 'client') { google_append_url($google_ad_url, $param, 'ca-mb-' . $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); } else if (strpos($param, 'color_') === 0) { google_append_color($google_ad_url, $param); } else if (strpos($param, 'url') === 0) { $google_scheme = ($GLOBALS['google']['https'] == 'on') ? 'https://' : 'http://'; google_append_url($google_ad_url, $param, $google_scheme . $GLOBALS['google'][$param]); } else { google_append_globals($google_ad_url, $param); } } return $google_ad_url; } $google_ad_handle = @fopen(google_get_ad_url(), 'r'); if ($google_ad_handle) { while (!feof($google_ad_handle)) { echo fread($google_ad_handle, 8192); } fclose($google_ad_handle); } ?>